20 November, 2017
Chicken gizzards stewed in sour creamPosted in : Main dishes on by : root
- Chicken gizzards – 600
- Onions – 2 PCs.
- Carrot – 1 PC.
- Sour cream 20% – 1 Cup
- Tomato paste – 1 tbsp
- Bay leaf
- Allspice -2 PCs.
- Broth or water – 2 cups
- Vegetable oil
- Salt, pepper – to taste.
Method of preparation
- Step 1 Cleaned and washed stomachs fill with cold water, lightly salt, add the Bay leaf and boil for about an hour on small fire.
- Step 2 peel the Onions and cut into half rings.
- Step 3 Carrots grate on a coarse grater.
- Step 4 Boiled chicken gizzards rinse with cold water and cut into several pieces, approximately 3 each. On a heated pan pour vegetable oil, put the onions and carrots and fry onion until transparent, about 5-7 minutes. Add chopped gizzards to the onions and carrots. Pour two cups of broth (chicken). Cover and simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Step 5 Now add the sour cream and one spoon of tomato paste and continue to simmer another 15-20 minutes.
- Step 6 Put the dish on plates, sprinkle with finely chopped dill.