11 January, 2018
Classic moussaka recipePosted in : Main dishes on by : root
Moussaka is a popular dish of the Middle East, which consists of eggplant and minced meat with filling. I offer a slightly modified version of this dish, which is perfect for a hearty lunch.
Description of preparation:
Recipes, how to cook moussaka, a lot, and it all depends on the region. The debate about what constitutes a classic recipe that is still underway. So, Greek moussaka is the most traditional, it includes eggplant, tomatoes, lamb mince and Bechamel sauce. All this is baked and becomes just magically delicious. In the Serbian and Romanian moussaka eggplant is not put, they are replaced by tomatoes, Moldavian, by contrast, are often prepared without meat or with a small amount of it. Instead, it includes potatoes and other vegetables. This option I like potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, meat baked than a delicious dinner or lunch? So, let’s get to cooking!
- eggplant — 1-2 Pieces
- potatoes — 1-2 Pieces
- minced pork — 400 Grams
- tomatoes — 4 Pieces
- mayonnaise — 120 Grams
- salt — 2/3 St. spoon
- vegetable oil — 1 tbsp. spoon
- ground allspice — 1 Pinch
How to cook a “classic Moussaka recipe”
1. Prepare all the necessary ingredients. The potatoes in advance, peel and boil in slightly salted water. The rest of the vegetables thoroughly.
2. On the bottom of the form for baking put the chopped thin slices of boiled potatoes.
3. Minced meat fry in a pan until almost cooked, slightly salted and pepper. Put it on top of the potatoes evenly.
4. Eggplant cut lengthwise into thin plates and fry in a pan in vegetable oil. Lay finished eggplant on top of the meat and the oil in which they have been fried, pour on top.
5. Tomatoes cut into thin slices and place on top of the eggplant in a single layer.
6. On top carefully and spread with mayonnaise, you can also sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. Flavorful and incredibly delicious moussaka ready! Serve hot.