11 January, 2018
Soup with spinach and garbanzo beansPosted in : Soups on by : root
The recipe of soup from rice, mushrooms, spinach and chickpeas.
Description of preparation:
In a large pot bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add brown rice and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms, cook, stirring, until the mushrooms are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the broth and rosemary, bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Check the rice after 30 minutes if it’s not ready yet, cover and continue to cook for up to 10 minutes. Stir 2 cups cooked rice and garbanzo beans in the broth, bring to boil, cover and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
- brown rice — 2 Cups
- olive oil — 1 tbsp. spoon
- medium onion, finely chopped — 1 Piece
- garlic cloves, chopped — 2 Pieces
- fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced — 240 Grams
- chicken or vegetable broth — 6 Cups
- dried rosemary — 1/2 teaspoons
- chickpeas — 450 Grams
- leaf spinach — 300 Grams
- salt and pepper — Part 1
- fresh grated Parmesan cheese — 1/2 Cup