11 January, 2018
Tom Yam KungPosted in : Soups on by : root
A simple recipe for lovers of Oriental dishes. Spicy-sour and fragrant Thai soup is a snap. The hard part is to find all the necessary ingredients and prepared the soup very quickly.
Description of preparation:
This Thai soup cooked very quickly, most time is spent finding and preparing ingredients. I think you already have them, once you decided to make this soup. The dish has a very interesting taste, it is spicy, sour and sweet at the same time. The sharpness of the soup you adjust yourself according to your taste. Well, that’s all, now you know how to cook Tom Yam Kung. For spicy soup, cook rice, serve it instead of bread.
- Chicken broth — 1 Liter
- Tiger shrimp — 8-10 Pieces
- Lemongrass — 2 Pieces (stems)
- Galangal — 1 Thing (the root of about 70 g)
- The leaves of a Kaffir lime — 6-7 Pieces
- Cilantro herbs — 30 Grams
- Tom Yum Paste — 2 Tbsp. spoon
- Lime — 1-2 Pieces
- Fish sauce — 4 Tbsp. spoon
- Mushrooms — 100 Grams (straw, oyster or button mushrooms)
- Chile pepper — 1-3 Pieces (optional)
- Fresh tomatoes — 3-4 Pieces (optional)
- Onion — 1 Piece (optional)
- Salt — 1 teaspoon (to taste)
- Sugar — 1 teaspoon (to taste)
How to cook “Tom Yam Kung”
The first thing you need to cook chicken broth.
Prepare your ingredients. Lemongrass cut into pieces and pummel with a knife, lime leaves nadorvem and lightly primam, galangal, mushrooms and tomatoes cut into slices. Clean the shrimp, I have them already boiled and peeled. It is better to take raw.
In the finished boiling broth lay the lemongrass, lime leaves, galangal, tomatoes, sugar. Cook for 2 minutes. If the tomatoes are very ripe, add them later, along with mushrooms.
Add the mushrooms and fish sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
Try the soup, if necessary, add salt. Then add the shrimp, sliced chili pepper and lime juice.
As soon as shrimps change its color to red, turn off the stove. Give the soup for 4-5 minutes to brew, and served to the table. Coriander added to the plates with the soup.