12 January, 2018
Carrot soup with miso and sesame seedsPosted in : Soups on by : root
The recipe for the soup-carrots, onions, garlic, ginger, miso paste, sesame oil and green onions.
Description of preparation:
This aromatic vegetarian soup a nice orange color warm in the winter cold. Moreover, it is not only tasty but also very useful.
- olive oil — 2 tbsp. spoon
- carrots — 900 Grams
- big onion — 1 Piece
- garlic — 4 Cloves (medium or 6 small cloves )
- ginger — 1 tbsp. spoon (or more to taste )
- vegetable broth — 4 Cups
- white miso paste — 1/4 Cup (or more to taste)
- toasted sesame oil — to taste
- green onions — 2 Pieces
How to make “Carrot soup with miso and sesame”
1. Scrape the carrots and finely chop. Clean the garlic cloves and chop. Grate or chop the ginger. Very finely chop the green onions. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Cook until the onions are transparent, approximately 10 minutes.
2. Add the vegetable broth and ginger. Cover and simmer until the carrots are soft, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
3. Using immersion blender, mix soup until smooth puree. If you have no immersion blender you can use a regular blender, the overflow of the soup in the bowl and then returning it to the pot. In a small bowl, whisk miso and 1.5 cups of soup. Pour the mixture back into the pot of soup. Season to taste with salt, black pepper, and add additional miso if necessary. Pour into soup bowls, sprinkle with sesame oil and sprinkle green onions. Serve immediately.